Severe Weather Resources for People Living in Arlington
By Office of Communication
Posted on May 29, 2015, May 29, 2015

As Arlington experiences the possibility of more severe weather and flooding, please be aware of the following information:

Flood Prevention


The City of Arlington is currently providing 25 sandbags free of charge per storm event at 801 W. Main. Sand bags are available to residents between 8:00 and 5:00 Monday through Friday. It is recommended to call 817-459-5400 in advance to confirm availability.


The City of Arlington Public Works Department will meet with property owners to discuss drainage or flooding concerns to identify the source of the flooding or drainage problem and to offer suggested remedies including information about flood insurance. Contact Ms. Mandy Clark, Stormwater Engineering Operations Manager at 817-459-6592.

American Red Cross

If you were impacted by a storms and need assistance from the American Red Cross, please call their hotline number: 1-877-500-8645

For more information go to

Emergency Shelters

Arlington Life Shelter
325 W. Division Street
Arlington, TX 76011
9:00AM to 5:00PM
For after hours (5:00PM - 7:00AM) dial extension 2007

The Salvation Army Family Life Center
712 W. Abram Street
Arlington, TX 76013
Mon - Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; Night Attendant - 4:30 pm to 8:30 am & weekends

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

United Way of Tarrant County

Call 211 (Information and Resource Referrals)

Arlington Housing Authority

Arlington Homeowners

Income qualified homeowners who occupy their home in Arlington may be eligible for assistance through the Arlington Housing Rehabilitation program. For more information go to or call 817-276-6707.

Rental Assistance

Arlington Housing Authority rental housing program participants experiencing concerns regarding flooding or drainage should first contact their landlord to report the problem. If the landlord fails to appropriately address the concern within a reasonable time, the participant should contact the Housing Authority at 817-275-3351. AHA staff will inspect the condition as soon as possible and issue a report to both the tenant and the landlord and monitor corrective actions, if required.

Legal Help For Flood Victims

The State Bar of Texas offers Hotline Assistance to Flood Victims. Please call 800-504-7030. Texas Lawyers are volunteering time to answer questions. Assistance aimed to help flood victims who qualify for assistance with issues such as replacing lost documents, insurance questions, landlord / tenant issues and consumer protection issues, such as price-gouging and avoiding contracting scams.

Property Damage

If you own or manage a TDHCA-supported, multifamily property that has been damaged by severe weather, please visit TDHCA's General Casualty Loss website page at

In the event Texas receives a Presidential Disaster Declaration, please refer to TDHCA's Casualty Loss as a Result of Presidentially Declared Disaster website page at

Displaced Households in a TDHCA-Supported Multi-Family Property

In the event Texas receives a Presidential Disaster Declaration, there are procedures for owners of TDHCA-supported multi-family properties that want to house people displaced by a presidentially declared disaster. Please visit TDHCA's Emergency Housing Relief Provisions website page at


Headlines, News, Public Safety, Weather