The City of Arlington's Health Services provides services to citizens to reduce the incidence of preventable illness and disease within the city.

 Health Services provides the following services:

  1. Conducts plan review and inspections of all food establishments and child care centers
  2. Issues permits for all food establishments, child care centers, temporary food events, summer feeding programs, public swimming pools, and on-site sewage facilities
  3. Performs sanitation inspections of hotels
  4. Investigates health related complaints
  5. Facilitates management of mosquito borne disease surveillance program - Target Ground Spraying (MSDS)

Click on the topics below to learn more about our services:

Find my Health Inspector

Not sure where to start? Click here to search for the health inspector for your permitted address.

Food Allergen Awareness Poster

Texas Senate Bill 812, requiring that all food establishments post a Food Allergen Awareness Poster, was passed on September 1, 2023. Food Establishment permit holders have until September 1, 2024 to comply with the new law.

Food Allergen Awareness Posters are available to print here in English, Spanish and Vietnamese.

Mobile Food Truck Permits

House Bill 2878 was passed by the 88th Texas State Legislature, shifting all permitting and inspection authority for mobile food vendors to Tarrant County Public Health. To read the bill for HB 2878, please click here.

As a result, effective September 1, 2023, the City of Arlington will no longer issue permits for mobile food vendors. Operators are still required to abide by all applicable city zoning and ordinance requirements. For specific questions on city zoning and ordinance requirements, please visit City Code of Ordinances or call 817-459-6502.

For more information about obtaining a mobile vending permit, visit Tarrant County Inspections. To verify a mobile vendor's permit status, or file a complaint against a mobile food vendor please visit Tarrant County Public Health or call Tarrant County Public Health at 817-248-6299.

To look up mobile vendor inspections after September 1, 2023, please visit Tarrant County Public Health.

To apply for a Temporary Food Truck/Mobile Food Unit Permit please apply at Within Health Permits, you will choose Temporary Food Establishment Permits, choosing the Subtype Temporary Mobile Food Unit. For assistance, please call 817-459-6693.

For questions about Fire Department requirements, please call 817-459-5539.

Certified Food Manager Registration Change

Senate Bill 577 was passed by the 88th Texas State Legislature, eliminating local registration of Certified Food Manager certificates. Please click here to read the text of SB 577.

As a result, the City of Arlington will no longer require Certified Food Managers (CFM) to register their certificates. Establishments are still required to have CFM on duty during all hours of operation. CFM certificates must be posted in view of the public and must be issued from a State of Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) or ANSI accredited program. Approved Certified Food Manager training courses can be found listed on the DSHS website by clicking here.

For more information, visit Texas DSHS website or call Arlington Health Division at 817-459-6656.

Report a Health Violation

Report a violation online by clicking here to Contact Ask Arlington

Online Services

Online services that are available through include the payment of Child Care Center permits and Food Establishment permits.

You may also apply for the following permits and registrations online.

  • Temporary Mobile Food Unit (Food Truck) Permits
  • Catering and Ice Cream Truck Permits
  • Temporary, Seasonal and Farmers' Market Food Establishment Permits
  • Child Care Worker Registration
  • Child Care Trainer Registration
  • Summer Food Service Provider Organization Registration
  • Summer Food Service Site Permits

To receive invoices and permits via email, please contact
Aimee Rockhill, Health Services Manager, by email
or at 817-459-6656.

Location of Health Services

City Hall
Planning and Development Services
101 W. Abram St., 2nd floor
Arlington, TX 76010

Phone: 817-459-6502

Click here for map & driving directions