Examples of Faulty Weather Protection with Corrections

General maintenance of the exterior of any building or structure on a single-family residential property is required.

Common Violations

  • Cracked or missing paint allowing wood to be exposed on exterior walls
  • Damaged roofing or siding
  • Missing, broken, rotted, split, dilapidated or buckled exterior wall coverings, roof coverings or garage doors
  • Broken window, repaired with a piece of cardboard and/or tape
  • Exterior window with missing window pane allowing entry into unit
  • Light showing through the crack of an exterior door due to lack of proper door fit and/or weather stripping around the door

Read the Ordinance


Visit the Planning & Development Services website for information about:

If you are considering any type of construction project that includes new, repair/alterations, remodel, additions, or renovations to your home or business, please call the Planning & Development Services department at 817-459-6502 or visit them at City Hall, 101 W. Abram Street, 2nd floor.

Report a Concern

Report a code violation online or by calling the Action Center at 817-459-6777. In case of emergency call 9-1-1.