Arlington PD Releases Body-Worn Camera Footage from Fallcreek St Shooting Incident
By Tim Ciesco
Posted on November 29, 2023, November 29, 2023

APD News Release

The Arlington Police Department has released relevant portions of the body-worn camera footage from an officer-involved shooting that occurred on November 19, 2023 in the 2500 block of Fallcreek Street.

Members of the public can view the video on the department's YouTube page by clicking here.

Due to age restriction settings, you may be required to sign in to YouTube to play it. Viewer discretion is advised, as the video may be disturbing to some.

On Sunday, November 19, 2023, at approximately 6:00 a.m., the Arlington Police Department responded to a suicidal subject call in the 2500 block of Fallcreek Street.

A 23-year-old man who lived there contacted 911 Dispatch using “Text to 911,” which is a tool that gives members of the public the option to message dispatchers rather than speak to them on the phone. The man told dispatchers he was armed and that he intended to force officers to shoot and kill him.

 Due to the nature of the call, officers positioned themselves down the street, set up a perimeter around the home, and contacted the man by phone in an attempt to de-escalate the situation.

 The man was outside on his front porch at the time. After speaking to officers on the phone for several minutes, he ended the call, left his front porch on Fallcreek Street, and began walking down Stonecreek Drive where officers were positioned. He was carrying a shotgun.

 As he approached the officers, they continued trying to communicate with him and gave him repeated commands to put the weapon down. He did not comply.

 While they were speaking, the man raised the shotgun, at which point three officers fired their service weapons, striking him. Immediately following the shooting, officers made their way to the man, moved the shotgun a safe distance away, and began performing life-saving measures on him until paramedics arrived.

 The man was transported to a local hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.

 “These are some of the most challenging calls we as law enforcement respond to,” said Chief of Police Al Jones. “I want to assure the public that officers go into these situations wanting to save lives. Based on everything I have seen, I believe these officers did everything in their power to try to help this young man. Tragically, he had other plans.”

 No officers were injured.

 Criminal and administrative investigations into the incident are ongoing.

Police News Releases, Police, Public Safety