A name change on an existing active residential utility account can only be done under the following circumstances:

  • Marriage
  • Divorce
  • Death of spouse

Information necessary to apply for a name change:

  • The name on the account at the present time
  • The account number
  • The service address
  • The full name to be displayed on the account
  • The reason for the name change (marriage, divorce, or death of spouse)
  • Driver's license number
  • Social security number
  • Home telephone number
  • Work telephone number

When your checklist is complete, print the Application to Request a Name Change Form, fill it out, sign it, and mail or fax it to us.

After requesting a name change, please allow 10-14 days for us to process the request.

If you have any questions regarding this service, please feel free to call our Customer Services Office at 817-275-5931 during business hours, or email us at [email protected].

Roommates, housemates, or relatives of the previous customer are not eligible for a name change. The responsible person remaining in the residence must apply for new service.