Main Page
  Pay Your Bill Online
  Payment Locations
  General Information
  Technical Info/Fees
  Construction Meter
  Water Bill Inserts
General Information
Meet the Director
New Service
Transfer Existing Service
Cancel Existing Service
Engineering Projects
Interactive Mapping
Water Resource Services
Map Room
Cross Connection
Backflow Assembly
Tester Registration
Testers List
  Water Conservation
  Dive Into Conservation/


Water Utilities
101 W. Abram St.
Arlington, Texas 76010
817-459-6600 (Phone)
817-459-6626 (Fax)

Customer Services
817-275-5931 (Phone)
817-459-6807 (Fax)

Drinking Water Quality Questions

Emergency After Hours Number:




Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) improperly disposed in the sanitary sewer system or storm drain system can cause property damage, health hazards and environmental problems.

Pouring cooking oil and grease into kitchen sinks, floor drains or toilets can be costly to homeowners, the City, and the environment.  Oil and grease rinsed down the plumbing system builds up and can eventually block the entire pipe causing sewer back ups and overflows (Sanitary Sewer Overflows).

How to Properly Dispose of Used Cooking Oil:

  • Small amounts of cooking oil can be soaked up with a paper towel or poured into a closed-lid container such as a coffee can and disposed of in the trash.

  • Dispose of large quantities of cooking oil and grease at the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center.

Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center
6400 Bridge Street
Fort Worth, TX
Ph: 817-871-5257

  • To dispose of a large quantity of cooking oil, let the oil cool after use.  Slowly pour kitty litter into the oil.  When the oil has been absorbed, discard it in a tightly sealed trash bag to prevent leaks.  The trash bag can now be placed in the garbage for proper disposal.

The North Texas Grease Abatement Council is an educational partnership between municipalities/water utilities in North Texas anchored by the North Central Texas Council of Governments.  The cities/agencies currently involved in this project are Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth, Irving, Grand Prairie and the Trinity River Authority.

For more information, click the link below:


Don't Get Clogged! Avoid Sewer Problems
Learn the Do's and Don'ts of grease disposal.

                   Let's Tackle the Grease                   ¡Ataquemos a la Grasa 
                          in the Kitchen                                 en Esta Cocina!                         

Don't Pour Your Holiday
Grease Down the Drain

No Arroje Las Grasas De Sus
Vacaciones Por El Desague


How a Sewer Blockage Affects the Sewer System

De Que Modo Afecta La Obstruccion Del Desague Al Sistema De Alcantarillado


Keeping Fats, Oils, and Grease out of the Sewer System
Cease the Grease!

 Click images to view PDF and
  print door hanger templates.




(English)                                      (Spanish)

Use the links and videos below for useful information and tips.


Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) - The lead environmental agency for the State of Texas.  Learn more about keeping Fats, Oil, and Grease out of the sewer system... read more


Use Your Drain Wisely (pdf)


Cease the Grease (pdf)


City of Fort Worth Environmental Management Department page


Watch the "Cease The Grease" video below for useful information and tips.


The City of Fort Worth's Environmental Collection Center (ECC) accepts unwanted household chemicals, free of charge, from citizens of Arlington and participating cities, helping citizens dispose of their household chemical waste in a safe manner.

The Environmental Collection Center is located at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth.  It is open to residents of Arlington on Thursday and Fridays from 11 AM until 7 PM and on Saturdays from 9AM until 3PM (and it's free!).  The center is closed on city holidays.  For more information, call the ECC Information Line at 817-871-5257.

The ECC Will Accept the Following Materials:

Acids, aerosol cans, antifreeze, batteries (all kinds, including car batteries), brake fluid, cooking oil, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaner, fertilizer, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil,  paints & stains, paint solvents, transmission fluid and varnish.

The ECC Cannot Accept the Following Materials:

Ammunition, asbestos, building materials, butane cylinders, electronics, explosives, medical waste, PCBs, propane cylinders, radioactive material, smoke detectors, tires and TVs.

For your safety and to make the collection of materials less costly and more efficient:

  • Bring a recent water bill as proof of residency.
  • If a product is still usable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for  disposal.
  • Please bring liquid paint sorted by type (i.e. latex, oil-based, and lead based).
  • Keep chemicals in their original containers; place broken or leaking containers in a second container of like materials (i.e. glass for corrosives, metals for flammables).
  • If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents.
  • DO NOT transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle.  Put them in the trunk.

     Click here for more information

Hazardous Waste and Cooking Oil Recycling

For a list of hazardous waste and cooking oil recycling service providers click here.

This is not a complete list and inclusion on the list should not be seen as an endorsement by the City.  You may also wish to check the Yellow Pages and the internet for other options.

[ back ]