November 23, 2010
The Lights at Interlochen Start Dec. 17, 2010
Holiday Tradition Continues in Northwest Arlington Near I-30
One of the largest holiday light displays in north Texas
continues in Arlington this year.
Beginning Friday, Dec. 17 through Christmas Day, the
Arlington Police Department will set up traffic control
posts from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. to help facilitate safe travel
through the area. Motorists must enter the Interlochen
neighborhood from Randol Mill Road at Westwood Drive.
Every year, more than 200 homeowners in this northwest
Arlington neighborhood near I-30 celebrate the season by
adorning their homes with festive lights and holiday-themed
displays. Admission is free. Travel route and safety
information is below:
How to Enter and Exit:
- Enter the Interlochen neighborhood from Randol Mill
Road at Westwood Drive.
- From Westbound I-30, take the Fielder Road exit and
go south to Randol Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill
Road and follow it to Westwood Drive.
- From Eastbound I-30, take the Eastchase Parkway
exit, turn east on Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill
Road, then right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- All other streets to the Interlochen neighborhood
are closed. Left turns are prohibited from northbound
Bowen at Westwood and at Westwood and Porto Bello. All
traffic will be forced to turn southbound on Crowley
Road. Tour buses and limousines will not be allowed on
Porto Bello Court.
Before you go! A Few Important Safety Tips from the
Arlington Police Department:
- Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving
the left lane open for emergency vehicles and
- Adults and children must be properly secured by
safety belts and child safety seats.
- Visit during the week. Weekends are the highest
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the
area could be slow at times.
- Pedestrian traffic is permitted. Roller skating
in the street is prohibited by the city code. No
solicitation or sales by any vendors or groups will
be allowed from any public roadway or public