PRESS RELEASES - NOVEMBER 2007
November 30, 2007
Lights at Interlochen Starts December 15
A Popular Holiday Tradition Continues in Northwest Arlington
Interlochen is ready to glow.
One of the largest holiday light
displays in north Texas comes to life on Saturday, December 15 when
more than 200 Interlochen homeowners dress up their homes and lawns
with Christmas lights and an assortment of holiday-themed displays.
The annual slow drive through this northwest Arlington neighborhood
will be daily until 11:30 p.m. through Christmas Day.
facilitate safe travel in the area, the Arlington Police Department
is establishing traffic control posts in the neighborhood and asking
motorists to enter from Randol Mill Road at Westwood Drive, said
Traffic Commander Lt. Craig Taylor.
Interlochen Entrance and
- Motorists should enter the Interlochen neighborhood from
Westwood Drive at Randol Mill Road.
- From I-30, take the Fielder Road exit and go south to Randol
Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill Road and follow it to Westwood
- From I-30, take the Eastchase Parkway exit, turn east on
Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill Road, then right on Randol Mill
Road to Westwood Drive.
- All other streets to the Interlochen neighborhood are closed.
Left turns are prohibited from northbound Bowen at Westwood and at
Westwood and Crowley. No U-turns are allowed at Westwood and
Findlay. Tour buses and limousines will not be allowed on Porto
Interlochen Safety Travel Tips:
- Visit during the week. Weekends are the busiest, most
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the area could be
- Adults and children must be properly secured by safety belts
and child safety seats.
- Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving the left lane
open for emergency vehicles and Interlochen homeowners.
- Pedestrian traffic is permitted. Roller skating in the
street is prohibited by the Arlington Municipal Code.
- No solicitation or sales by any vendors or group will be
allowed from any public roadway or public rights-of-way.