INSURANCE, REGISTRATION, AND DRIVERS
LICENSE RELATED CITATIONS
Request for Dismissal
The City Ordinance violation for Parking with Expired Registration or Expired Motor Vehicle Inspection, does not have an option to be dismissed with a fee of $20.00. The fine for this violation is $33.00.
You may request a dismissal of your citation with a $20.00 fee if you are charged with the following offenses:
- Driving with Expired Registration
- Driving with Expired Motor Vehicle Inspection (Cannot be expired more than 60 days)
- Driving with Expired Drivers License
- Fail to Report Change of Address or Name
You may request a dismissal of your citation with a $10.00 fee if you are charged with the following offenses:
- Operate Motor Vehicle without License Plates or with One Plate
- Display Altered, Unclean, or Obscured License Plates
- Violate Driver’s License Restriction or Endorsement
- Driver’s License Valid But Fail to Display
- Operate Vehicle with Defective Required Equipment (or in Unsafe Condition)
Your request must be made within twenty working days of receiving the citation, but not within
the first 5 calendar days of issuance. This amount of time is
required for the citation to be processed and filed with the Court.
You may make your request in the
- In person at the Court Clerk’s
- By mail to: Municipal Court
Mail stop 63-0100
P.O. Box 90403
Arlington, Texas 76004-3403
Upon request for dismissal of your citation, you must pay the appropriate fee and submit proof that the offense for which you have been charged has been corrected.
The offense No Valid Proof of Vehicle Liability Insurance also
qualifies for dismissal at no charge if the following conditions are met:
Proof submitted that you were covered by a valid policy of vehicle liability insurance on the date and time of the offense. The information provided must contain the following information listed below, and will be verified by the Court. Should the proof prove to be invalid you will be sent a court date in order to appear before the Judge and give your reason(s) why the coverage was not valid.
- The name, address and telephone
number of the insurer;
- The name and address of the named
- The policy number;
- The effective and expiration dates
of the policy;
- The make and model of the covered
- A statement that the policy meets
the minimum amounts of vehicle liability insurance required by the
Texas Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act.
[ back ]