Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube See what Arlington loves on Pinterest Discover Arlington, TX on Foursquare Find us on Flickr Arlington at your finger tips with the Smartphone App connect with us                                      Go to


How To Find Us
Questions And Answers

title graphic for City Hall


Before you start browsing the frequently asked questions, we invite you to try our search engine below. It might speed up your search.

Have a question about living in the city of Arlington?
The following list of Frequently Asked Questions may help you find the answer.

Quality of Life

  • Where can I find out how to set up utility accounts, along with other information for newcomers?
  • I have a problem with a city service.
  • I want to report an environmental problem:

    Drinking Water - 817-459-5900

    Sanitary Sewer - 817-459-5900

    Water Pollution in Creeks - 817-459-6550

    Air Quality -TCEQ - 817-588-5800

    Indoor Air Quality - Texas Dept. of Health - 817-264-4500

    Asbestos - Texas Dept. of Health - 817-264-4500

  • Tell me about my public library.
  • I need information about city-owned recreational facilities.
  • I want to adopt a pet.
  • How can I contact the U.S. Postal Service?
    Arlington's main Post Office is located at 300 E. South St. in Arlington.   Call 1-800-275-8777 for information.
  • On what days will Arlington Disposal not be picking up garbage?
    No garbage or recycling pickups are scheduled for the following holidays:

    New Year's Day
    Fourth of July
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving Day

Bills & Tickets

  • I have a question about my water bill.
  • I have a question about a parking ticket.
    Contact Municipal Court at 817-275-5970.


Health Issues

Legal Matters

  • We want to get married.
    Contact the Arlington Sub-Courthouse at 817-548-3928.


  • What incentives is the city offering to help my business?
  • I need a license for my business.
    Contact Building Inspections Office at 817-275-3271.

Public Safety

  • I have information about a crime.
  • Stadium Area Crime Analysis (PDF)
  • How can I contact a speaker on public safety for my school/organization/neighborhood?
    Contact the Police Dept. Community Services Division at 817-459-5725.

Permits & Licenses

  • How do we get a marriage license?
    Contact the Arlington Sub-Courthouse at 817-548-3928.

Social Services

  • I am in need of housing assistance.
    Contact the Housing Assistance Office at 817-275-3351.



Copyright © 2000-2014 City of Arlington, TX. All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Disclaimer | Supported Browsers