Arlington Animal Services
1000 S.E. Green Oaks Blvd.
Arlington, TX 76018
Mail Stop 52-0100
P. O. Box 90231
Arlington, Texas 76004-3231
ANIMAL LICENSING AND REGISTRATION PROGRAM
Animal Licensing and Registration Program
The City of Arlington Animal Services Division is partnering with PetData, Inc. PetData provides a turnkey solution to municipalities whereby it administers all functions of an animal licensing program, thus allowing animal services personnel to provide enhanced service delivery to our residents, guests and animals.
Your dog or cat is required to be licensed annually. Proof of current rabies vaccination and a $7 fee for altered animals ($30 for non-altered animals) is required.
Residents with currently licensed pets will receive a renewal notice from PetData several weeks prior to the expiration of the annual license. Residents needing to renew, replace or obtain a new annual license will have the following options available:
· Participating Veterinarians – Please contact your local veterinarian to determine if they are a participant of the licensing program.
· Website - Residents may obtain their pet’s license online via PetData’s secure interactive website at www.petdata.com. A $1.95 convenience fee will apply for each online transaction.
· Animal Services Center - Residents may obtain their pet’s license in-person at the Arlington Animal Services Center located at 1000 SE Green Oaks Blvd. Residents are required to provide their pet’s current rabies vaccination certificate.
· Mail – Residents may obtain their pet’s license by mailing a copy of their pet's current rabies certificate and the license fee to Arlington Animal Licensing, c/o PetData, PO Box 141929, Irving, TX 75014.
In order to encourage licensing and sterilization, the following incentive is being offered:
· In the event a resident’s pet is impounded and the animal is sterilized, currently vaccinated for rabies and currently licensed, the resident’s pet will be given one “Free Trip Home” per calendar year.
Pursuant to state law, the City of Arlington and PetData cannot sell or distribute a license holder’s personal information to any outside party. Rabies vaccination information can only be used for purposes that "relate to the protection of public health and safety." A license holder’s confidentiality is ensured through our contract with PetData and in accordance with Section 826.0211 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, which prohibits the release of rabies vaccination and licensing records to the public.
For more information or questions related to the licensing program, you may contact a PetData customer service representative at 214-687-9133.
If you would like to license your pet or learn more about the program, please click on the PetData link below.
Is Your Pet Licensed? Read Dexter's story.
Production of this video was made possible through a grant award
from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation.
Copyright © 2000-2014 City of Arlington, TX. All rights reserved.